Monday, October 30, 2006

Career Opportunities

Given the lousy weather of the past weekend, I was thinking I need to get a job in a warm climate, like, for instance, in Italy. I did a quick search and found this job in Rome:

LOCUST OFFICER (Information Analyst)
Rome, Italy
Fixed-term: 3 years
Duties:
1) Use a geographic information system to enter, summarize and archive locust, environmental, rainfall and meteorological data received from affected countries;
2) Assist in the analysis of locust and environmental data in order to assess the locust situation and environmental conditions;
3) Prepare inputs for the monthly Desert Locust Bulletin;

Requirements: University Degree in Natural Sciences or related field with academic specialization in geographical information systems

I don’t have a degree in Natural Sciences, but as a kid I really liked grasshoppers. I used to pick them up all the time; so that should be considered relevant, equivalent experience. I should update my curriculum vitae ASAP.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

would you get one of those mesh-over-the-hat-and-face hats like beekeepers wear?

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm the soon-to-be-unemployed one here- how about finding a job for me? I don't do bugs, but I can do Italy....

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

That's 'cause you're focusing on the locust part and not the Rome part.