Thursday, October 19, 2006

More on middle-aged jeans


There’s a guy who rides my bus every morning, and he wears the male equivalent of mom jeans. They are a kind of dull-looking denim and have an ample seat. He himself is dull looking and has an ample seat, but I digress.

My question: is there such an item as “pop jeans” to complement “mom jeans”?

Is there a market for men’s jeans with a loose, comfortable fit? I’m assuming there is, but I suspect marketers can’t call them that because no self-respecting man is going to go to a store and ask for “comfortable fit” jeans. Male ego and all that jazz, you know.

I figure there’s a code word for these things that allow men to buy them without ever having to admit to themselves or anyone else that there are now middle-aged and have let themselves go to pot.

Roomy? No. Way too obvious.
Generous? Perhaps.
Mature? Nope. Too old sounding.

How about successful? “Successful man fit.”

Personally I’d name ‘em after some beloved celebrity with a similar physique.

“George Kennedy fit”.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

George Kennedy fit!
now don't get me going!!

as for the pop jeans, aren't they called "relaxed" fit or something like that?