Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lost in Space

I swear I'm making an effort these days to ignore the things Bush does, just because if I commented on everything I would drive myself crazy. But today he has irked me again and I must comment.

“President Bush has signed a new National Space Policy that rejects future arms-control agreements that might limit U.S. flexibility in space and asserts a right to deny access to space to anyone "hostile to U.S. interests."

A right to deny access to space? I’m waiting to hear from the Martian ambassador.

“National Security Council spokesman Frederick Jones said in written comments that an update was needed to "reflect the fact that space has become an even more important component of U.S. economic, national and homeland security."

When did space become part of the US homeland? This really annoys me. Grrrr.

No comments: