Friday, October 20, 2006

Global Warming? Who cares?


I’m joining the Harper government on this one. Fretting about the future of the planet is just silly. I’m not going to worry my pretty little head about it for one minute more.

Hey! Not caring is fun.

Of course, what I’m really doing is griping about the govt’s new plan for fighting greenhouse gas emissions. It’s a “no plan” plan. I don’t remember seeing a govt policy so universally panned right from the get-go, except for Alberta oil executives, of course, who are “relieved”. It’s pretty genius, though.


Quote: [the policy] “sets a new target for cutting overall greenhouse gas emissions by the year 2050.” And “The plan gives Canadian companies until 2020 to meet as-yet undetermined targets for reducing greenhouse gas emissions.”

Steve: Let’s create a policy whose results can’t be evaluated until 2050, when we’re all long time dead!

And “as-yet undetermined targets” don’t have to be met until 2020. That basically says NOTHING has to be done for 14 years.

For shame!

On the bright side, in 14 years Montreal will be in a tropical zone, so I will finally have my wish of living in a warm climate year-round. Thanks, Steve.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

I spit on the whole lot of them