Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Gripe, gripe

Last night, during commercial breaks whilst watching Deadwood (which has commercials here, unlike on HBO), I flipped to CNN a couple of times. First, Larry King (our hero!) was interviewing the creepy wanna-be child beauty queen killer,.which was bad enough, but that’s Larry, I expect the lowest common denominator from him, but then at 10:00 I saw that Anderson too was reporting on the nut from Thailand. Is it time to officially throw in the towel on CNN? I fear so.

But I won’t because on AM yesterday morning, I did see Michael Ware reporting from Baghdad. As I hadn’t seen him in a long while and suspected that he’d finally been sacked for saying Condi Rice was living in an alternate reality, I was glad to see him still gainfully employed.

So I’ll keep watching CNN, but only in small, small doses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stopped watching last week when Larry had Lou Dobbs as his guest. Glad I missed the creep-athon. I expect better of Anderson.