Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Nothing's New

Is it me, or has nothing interesting happened since Vlad tranquilized the tiger. I'm a bit upset that Vlad isn't getting more publicity for having shot the tiger. Of course, I'm sure Vlad is a lot more upset about this lack of publicity than I am. But how could he know he'd be up against Alaskan-crazy-woman aka bad-mom-from-Hell in the news cycle?

I'm just sitting around, waiting for Steve to call his little election so I can get all nerdy and excited about it. tra la la.

Has this ever happened to you? I was sitting in a restaurant on Saturday with two friends, and a woman walked up to our table and asked me if I was [insert any name here]. I don't remember who she thought I was, but I said no and she apologized and went back to her table. Ever since then, I'm DYING to know what this mystery person looked like, who allegedly looks so much like me as to lead to this inquiry. I've never met anybody who looks a lot like me. Maybe (most probably) if I saw her, I'd think she didn't look like me at all.

When I was a Con U, there was a man in my class who (I thought) didn't look a thing like me, but a classmate asked if we were brother and sister. Since I don't have a brother, I'd never imagined what a brother o' mine would look like. Maybe like that guy.

The only bro and sis I know who astound me in their resemblance are Mr. Anonymous and Sister Anonymous. They're like twins! But they're not!

Oh, Jerry Reed died. The obits talk about his acting career, but I only think of him as the guy who sang Amos Moses, which is a cool song.

6 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

oh-oh-
mister mushrooms will be in mourning about mr reed and make us all watch "smokey and the bandit" yet again

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Mr Mushrooms is a real Albertan now, eh? Yeee-haww.

cityofmushrooms said...

listen he loved that moved back in mtl as well (sigh)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

So, he's always been a redneck, is what you're sayin'?

cityofmushrooms said...

wwellllll-doggies-let me put it this way: the beverly hillbillies holds a central place in his heart

Anonymous said...

As well they should - anyone who shows experimental films at their wedding party AND is a Beverly Hillbillies fan has their priorities straight!