Thursday, September 04, 2008

God Help America

Couple of things. I watched the Republicans on and off throughout the evening. But the Williams sisters were playing an absolutely thrilling quarter-final match at the US Open, so they were much, much more interesting to me than politics. I was rooting for Venus, but she lost. Oh well.

I still like Huckabee. I can’t help it. I like the guy. And it’s fair to say he is the one and only Repub that I like.

Romney is insane. Living in never, never land. Just bizarre. Giulani is so, so slimy, I felt like I needed a shower after listening to him. I didn’t listen or watch much. What a pig that guy is. All the scrubbing in the world won’t take the sliminess of Rudy away. As I watched Rudy, I kept thinking he’s been married three times and has had god knows how many mistresses. Who would have sex with this guy? Ick. But that’s just me.

As for Palin? Put the baby away. The whole dang family, plus Cindy McCain, was manhandling that poor baby. What’s a baby doing at a convention? That was nuts, and exploitative on a whole new dimension of exploitation. Shameless people. And those two teenagers? They really look like they are ready to be husband and wife. Leave them at home. It’s like that line from Juno: she’s already pregnant, what worse shenanigans could they get up to.

Meanwhile, back in Eastern Europe, Condi is giving $1 billion to Georgia, and Darth Cheney is growling to the Russians to back off. This is good? Vlad’s loading fresh tranquilizer darts, no doubt. Is this what will win it for McCain, a war with Russia before November? Cra-zee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Things the Republicans believe in but don’t subscribe to (because these things are only required of other people): marital fidelity, traditional family values, fiscal responsibility, law & order and small government. This is the political party where a person can spend their entire adult life on the government dole (politician, military, subsidized private sector) and simultaneously extol the virtues of ‘small government.’

J