Monday, September 08, 2008

Computerless

I remain computerless at home. The "guy" told me I would get my laptop back on Thursday. With a new hard disk. Whatever.

Mr. Anonymous tells me to buy a Mac. Apparently if I do this I will live forever in Happy Computer Heaven. I repeat: whatever.

What the true inconvenience is here is that it means I have to watch Mad Men at the office again this week. I did this after 5:00 p.m. one day last week and it seemed like a bad idea since Draper seemed to spend half the episode in bed with his latest (loud) moaning conquest. Not to mention a scene with burlesque dancers. I didn't want the cleaning lady walking in on me and my pseudo Draper softcore. Maybe the characters will be better behaved this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you get a mac, they'll transfer all your old PC files over for you . You take the mac and plug it in when you get home. Don't understand something? call them and you get a real person ...in canada! Whatever.

Mrs. Anon.

cityofmushrooms said...

my sister is a mac person too

it seems like a cult in the way that the mac-ians all talk in hushed voices about the amazingness of the mac and how it will change your life forever ("give you an erection/win the election" as Tom Waits would say)

am I missing something?

(as usual)

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute - a published poet who is a PC person? For shame!

Join the Mac cult - become one of us - never again will you restart when there is a problem or press "control-alt-delete". Never again will your computer freeze. Join us.

Join us.

Join us.

cityofmushrooms said...

one of us
one of us
we accept you
one of us