Tuesday, September 02, 2008

In F**king Chip News

As promised, intrepid tester JAW Fan checks in:

This weekend, in my ongoing quest to discover new and exciting flavours of chips, I stumbled across Herr's Horesradish and Cheddar chips. "Herr's," I thought to myself. Who are these chip people?" Feeling a little apprehensive (somewhat akin to Carol Channing at a KKK convention), I purchased them out of a sense of intrigue...Let's face it, Ketchup chips don't really taste like ketchup, Sour Cream & Onion chips don't really taste like SC & O either, and the now defunct Roast Chicken chips never had anyone thinking they were dining on poultry...so what did these chips taste like? Well, they tasted like f * *king horseradish. Did the cheddar portion help to soothe things out? No! They just tasted like f * *king horseradish. My nostrils were burning the whole time. Now, I enjoy a dollop of horseradish in a dip or a pat in a sandwich, but this was like eating f * *king horesradish out of a jar with a spoon...and that's just f * *king crazy!!!! I don't know what the hell these Herr's people were thinking, but they better go back to the old drawing board. I'm certain two or three chips stuffed into a roast beef sandwich would be satisfyingly tasty, but that just ain't going to happen, as it will be a cold day in hell (or if my nose is blocked and the pharmacy is out of Dristan Nasal Spray) before I purchase these again. On the Wang-o-Meter, these dud spuds rate a sad and impotent one inch.

Editor's note: Are Herr's German, as in Mein Herr? If so, that would explain the sadism of this chip flavour. You know how those people are...

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

what do you mean "defunct roast chicken chips"? I never even tasted them! (too afraid, actually)

Anonymous said...

I actually loved those horseradish chips...lots-o-flavour. I believe Herr's are an American company.

As for roast chicken chips, I just ate them on the weekend. In Ontario, you can buy them in any of the various Loblaws stores...they are a flavour in the "no-name" brand. Yes, I'm a saddo chip fan...

I'm enjoying your blog...