Monday, September 08, 2008

And they're off!

It's Election time. wheee. I'm sure JAW Fan is on the edge of his seat.

I can only see one good thing about the campaign so far. It has knocked the Crazy Lady from Alaska off our Canadian t.v.'s. Good.

Two bad things about the NDP: Jack has decided to give speeches that include the words "when I am Prime Minister" which sound delusional, and he has decided to embrace the Obama themes of "hope" and "change", which is embarrassing and unoriginal.

A Tory Majority must be avoided at all costs. Heck, I'd vote for the Bloc now if I thought it could keep Harper in his place. Uppity Westerner!

As usual, my vote will mean less than zero, as I remain in my 80%+ Liberal enclave. Some day, I'd like to have a vote that means something. Never in this neighbourhood.

6 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

I live in alberta-what do you think my vote means? seems only the 604's and quebec city count

Anonymous said...

...yeah, like my vote means anything!!!...the only thing my vote means is that I will get home from work 10-20 minutes later.

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

On an unrelated note...less than 7 months until NaPoMo 2009...Yikes! I better start brushing up on my rhyming patterns.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

we could use an anybody-but-harper poem right about now

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

So if nobody lives in a riding where the MP ever changes, how do we get a new government? Move to Quebec City?

cityofmushrooms said...

or maybe oshawa after king stevie throws cash into the air