Thursday, August 21, 2008

Putt, putt, pfffft

This certainly is turning into one helluva week.

My car, she be dead.

The mechanic says it will cost more to fix it than my baby is worth. He emphatically said: You cannot drive this car on the highway. So much for that.

I'm very sentimental about that car. I'm sad that its era is over.

I'm going to join a car sharing service. I don't need my own car (at least I think I don't) so I'm giving the car-share system a one-year trial. Another adventure.

I'm tired of adventures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be interested to see how the car sharing works. Its just starting up here and I'm thinking if it takes off, I'll consider it for when my old bomb is finished.

Anonymous said...

but how will you come feed our cats???? I always thought that car sharing was cool. I think there's one in our neighbourhood now. Still, tough to give up a car with monsters to pick up from 2 schools etc. Sorry for your loss.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Don't worry about the cats. There'll be the car share. I can combine groceries and kitties. And there's always the old 123 that runs from NDG and down Dollard.