Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mental Health Day

I'm at home today. It's partly because it's a beautiful day that I want to enjoy, partly for a mental health break and primarily because I'm reading someone's dissertation and I have to get it back to him this week, and I don't have the energy to give it its due consideration when I get home in the evening, so I've left it a bit late.

I'm alertly, speedily motoring along on it today and will have it back to him tomorrow. Is it wrong to take a paid day off in order to do other paid work? So be it. I'm sure I'm not alone in doing this. On the good side, the dissertation is on work-related stuff and I'm learning a lot about our esteemed employer while reading this. So, in a way, it's still work-related.

Must go sit outside and proofread in the sun whilst working on my tan...

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

happy tanning and comma splicing

Anonymous said...

Mental Health Day???..for us, in the real working world, those are called Vacation Days.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

and in the wonderful world of non-profits: UNpaid vacation days