Monday, August 18, 2008

Everybody's Best Friend

Here’s a true story just for JAW Fan’s amusement.

Last week on my unsuccessful date, Ignatius showed me his latest purchase, which was a copy of a book in a series about various classic albums called 33 1/3. Even with my failing memory, I recognized the series as being one that Mr. Anonymous and our Scholar Friend in Ottawa both had been interested in. So I told Ignatius that a couple of friends of mine had written submissions for this series.

His response: “You have very cool friends.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humphh!..You're lack of interest in poor Ignatius is ruining my social life!

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

I'm full of typos today...I meant "your lack of interest..."

Damn you editors, you make life so stressful for the rest of us normal people.

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

you are too hard on yourself. the rest of us didn't even notice. Now we see that you are imperfect.
Ms. A.

p.s. dinner on the deck this fall people?!!! maybe we can get the ottawa crew down at some point?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Things could be worse for JAW Fan. I could be a retired school teacher.