Friday, August 08, 2008

Olympic question

I'm not going to talk in any detail about the opening ceremonies because Good Lord! that was the most spectacular thing I've ever seen.

My only question is why is it that for the first 20 or so countries that entered the stadium the music playing was Scotland the Brave? Were bagpipes invented in China? Like apparently everything else on earth that's of any use.

Okay, Jordan is now entering the stadium and they've gone back to playing Scotland the Brave. What the hell?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was weird, I agree. I also saw Aboriginals dancing and heard traditional aboriginal music being played - some attempt to include everyone in it?

Most hypocritical moment? (and I fell asleep after the aussies marched in at around 1.00am my time so missed the flame stuff) - the children doing paintings about the environment and being green.

Loved the drums at the beginning!

cityofmushrooms said...

why scotland the brave? because it's the most rocking-est song to march into a stadium to

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

If you're Scottish, yes.
If you're Jordanian, um, maybe not so much.

As for those Aborignals, yes, I noticed them too, and wondered what they had to do with China?

Anonymous said...

Aboriginals = China in the same way that Scotland the Brave = China!