Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to work

It's another lovely day, and yet I am back at work. And busy! I need another mental health day. Fortunately I have 3 "sick days" I can still use between now and 31 December. And I fully intend to use them.

In car news. Last night, I drove my beloved old vehicle for the first time since the garage told me it is a Death Trap. It still drives perfectly. Now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and put the extra $1000 on it to keep it for a few more months. Decisions, decisions.

Speaking of driving. I went to the fancy IGA in LaSalle last night, and made the big mistake of going through Ville St. Pierre. Stupid effin' construction! Is there any street on the island that hasn't been dug up? I ended up in Lachine and had to get on the 20 to come back to LaSalle. In a Death Trap Car! Fortunately, IGA had some yummy curry chicken in stock which made it almost worth the detour. Is it crazy to drive 9 km just for curry chicken? I think not.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

now I'm all nostalgic for ville st pierre and lachine...

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Is it actually possible to be nostalgic for either of these places? I doubt it.

Anonymous said...

We should rename your scrap heap CCM...Curry Chicken Mobile.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

CCE = Curry Chicken Express.