Monday, August 25, 2008

Grind, grind

Boy, oh boy. It's turning out to be a lot harder to get over the disappointment of the London failure than I was anticipating it to be. I thought I'd bounce right back, but I ain't bouncin'.

I submitted another application to our overlords in NYC last Thursday, but it isn't a serious one. It's more like a rebound application. Just something to keep on trying. To prove to myself that I may be down but I'm not completely whipped yet.

I need a vacation, or a winning lottery ticket, or somethin'. Why can't I be one of those lucky people for whom alcohol actually works as a ticket to oblivion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I used to get call backs all the time for job apps but now I'm starting to think I should be greatful for even having my job. Is it that the jobs we're going for are more complex or are we just no longer marketable? more competition? is it this province? Hang in there. You will get over this. Maybe not having a car is really affecting you and you haven't realized it yet! N.=/

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Technically, I still have a car. I'm just afraid to drive it! Still getting the paperwork together for the car share.