Monday, August 18, 2008

Another Aussie Winner

You know, Australia may seem like a nice place, but I dunno if I'd ever want to live there. For one thing, it seems like their elected leaders are all morons. The latest:

"John Molony, the mayor of the Australian outback mining town of Mount Isa, is a straight-talking Aussie bloke, the kind of man who calls a spade a bloody shovel.

But after suggesting that "beauty disadvantaged" women should move to his remote Queensland town, where men outnumber females five to one, he may think twice about being so forthright in the future. Under attack from angry locals, he is facing calls to resign.

Molony sparked outrage when he highlighted the shortage of women in the remote town in north Queensland (population 25,000) in an interview in his local newspaper. "May I suggest if there are five blokes to every girl, we should find out where there are beauty-disadvantaged women and ask them to proceed to Mount Isa," he said. "(Guardian)

They are so desperate for women, they'll even accept ugly ones. That is so generous. I don't even know what to say about this guy except I hope they throw him out of office and then out of town.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, the beauty-disadvantaged...my heart goes out to them...but on a more important note, this Molony guy is obviously not too bright, I mean, the men outnumber the women five to one in this remote Queensland town...Hello????...Queendsland, it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out!!!

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

oops...apologize for that extra D in my second "Queensland"...better to make typos than be part of the beauty-disadvantaged, that's my new motto.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I hear synchronized diving is very popular in Queensland. (We could go on...)

Anonymous said...

Can I just add a local opinion here? Nobody outside of Queensland pays any attention to what goes on, or is said, in Queensland. I'm sure you're all familiar with the 'deep south' - the US southern states? Well, QLD is our 'deep north' for much the same reasons.