Thursday, August 28, 2008

Not full of baloney

Someone just sent me the complete list of recalled meats from Maple Leaf.

Is there anything on Earth that sounds less appealing than "Bologna Chunks".

And I don't even dislike bologna! When I was a kid, bologna with french fries and lots of ketchup was one of my favourite treats. I confess it has even been an occasional comfort food right up until recently. But I'll be laying off the bologna for a good long time. Comfort food to be replaced by comfort wine. You never hear about wine killing anybody, right? right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To this day, I have never been able to eat Bologna, Mock Chicken, or Mortadella...the very thought of these three processed meats makes me ill...

I just hope and pray that a serious recall of this nature is never announced by the Lays Corporation. Shudder.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Mmmmock chicken. I loved mock chicken as a kid, too. I don't know what mortadella is, tho.

Anonymous said...

...similar type meat with big ugly white dots in it...yuck!

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

I'm blowing (balony) chunks just thinking bout it