Friday, January 19, 2007

Tragic News of Epic Proportions

"NEW YORK -- Liza Minnelli and husband David Gest have patched things up to the point that they can now get divorced.

Legal disputes between the two ended Thursday when their lawyers filed court papers saying they had settled their differences and agreed to get divorced without fault."


Gosh, I really thought this relationship was going to last.

I ask you, if a wonderful couple like this cannot make things work, well, what hope is there? Matrimony is in a sorry, sorry state.

I only wish I could've found a photo of them sharing a passionate slurpy kiss. That would've perserved our collective memories of their doomed love. Sniff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

patching things up so you can get divorced...

I guess that is somewhat akin to saying "I will lose twenty pounds so that I can eat junk food again."

or

"letting my hair grow long so I can cut it."

Poor Liza! Of course, this frees her up should Richard Simmons want to make a move on her!

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

I don't know which mental image is haunting me more- Fidel's fake rectum, or Liza and David making out. Ew.