Monday, January 08, 2007

This makes me ill

"The US embassy compound being built inside Baghdad’s Green Zone covers 104 acres, making it six times larger than the United Nations compound in New York. A city within a city for more than 1,000 people, it will have its own water, sewers and electricity, six apartment buildings, a Marine barracks, swimming pool, shops and some walls 15 feet thick."

What's the diff between this and one of Saddam's palaces?

A diplomat could serve a full four-year term and never have to a see a single Iraqi. Well done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But of course, the Iraqi government will be running Iraq.....I guess you need all that space to spy on the neighbours too.

And don't let anybody tell you imperialism is dead.

Anonymous said...

15 feet-thick walls...I could sure use those in my condo. I just don't know if they sell 15 feet-thick windows to go with them.

JAW fan