Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's Search


I have put together my wish list for the ideal man.

He should be:

1. as compassionate as Stephen Lewis

2. as smart as David Suzuki
3. as environmentally conscious as Al Gore
4. not too tall (What’s Cannavaro? 5’9”? That’s perfect.)
5. able to cook like Anthony Bourdain
5a. but not smoke, do drugs or rob people like Anthony Bourdain
6. as adventurous as Michael Ware (accent optional)
7. as witty as (for local audience) Guy A. Lepage or (global audience) David Sedaris
8. as literate as Smarty Amis
8a. but not cranky or hateful like Smarty Amis
9. as kind to animals as…ummm…Dr. B., my handsome vet!
10. able to fix things around the house like…ummm…any of those guys on those home renovation shows. Jon Eakes?

How difficult can this be to find? Look, I’m not asking for handsome or athletic or rich. But if I was, well, I see Cannavaro’s name coming up again.

7 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

sounds good

(tho 5 foot nine seems tall to moi; miss mushrooms will surpass me soon yikes!)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Isn't Mr. Mushrooms around 5 nine? He's close, no? That's not so tall.

Miss Mushrooms is going to overtake her father soon too, I'm guessing.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Fred Rogers? No. He doesn't need to wear a cardigan. Really.

Anonymous said...

And no mention of a certain person that has a forum dedicated to him that some of us frequent!
Anthony Bourdain - my favourite travel come cooking show on TV. The last show I saw he was eating sheep guts and ducks hearts in Beijing.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Susie, I have to confess that I really don't know much about Mr. Rattansi except he is snarky and doesn't seem to work very often. (heh, heh) Those are not two "qualities" I'm looking for...

Anonymous said...

You know, I may have to submit your comments to the forum administrator for consideration - she can be rather stern you know!

Anonymous said...

see our blog -

[url=http://trailfire.com/tramadol] cheapest tramadol [/url]

http://trailfire.com/tramadol
[url=http://trailfire.com/tramadol] tramadol addiction [/url]