Monday, January 29, 2007

Nanuk Death Watch: Day 3

Ok, I exaggerate. But I'm still home sick. I do, however, see a light at the end of the tunnel. A dim, flickering light.

Yesterday, thanks to a timely phone call from J. (Thank you!) I arose from my sick bed long enough to pick up the message, return to bed and catch a very interesting hour-long radio interview with Smarty Amis on CBC.

Amis wasn't as arrogant as usual, but I do fear that among the excitable crowd, someone is not going to want to see the difference Smarty makes between Islam and Islamism. If, one day, the Smartster goes down in the street like Theo van Gogh, I won't be surprised. I'll be very angry, but not at all surprised.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you watched The Price is Right today. After all, ol' Bob is calling it quits in June.

This could be one of your last opportunities to see him in action.

JAW fan

For added pleasure: Check out Judge Mathis as well. He kills me. I think you might actually like him.

cityofmushrooms said...

heard amis-good

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Ah, Ms. Mushrooms! Blogger has finally admitted you. Decent of them.

I thought Bob Barker quit last year but then I noticed he was still around. So June, huh? Who's replacing him? Chuck Woolery? (I only say that to excite you, JAW)

Anonymous said...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070129.wmiamicuba0129/BNStory/International/home

Love this story from the Globe and Mail - just wondering - when you do finally succumb to your illness Nanuk, will there be an equally big celebration for you??

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

A party at the Orange Bowl? That's just sick.

Perhaps when I go, the party can be at the local Rose Bowl, which is a bowling alley on St. Jacques not far from my home. I don't know if anyone will bother to have special T-shirts made.

cityofmushrooms said...

rosebowl = nostalgia!