Saturday, January 06, 2007

In Corner Gas News

The Gazette has an article about Corner Gas today. Apparently, the show has been sold to 26 countries, including Australia (which will be old news to the loyal readers of this blog and its comments section), Finland (land of the Prime Minister who is a text-messaging bad boyfriend) and Iraq.

Iraq?

I'm pondering this. Let's say I'm an Iraqi and I get 4 hours of electricity per day. Am I going to spend 30 minutes of those precious 240 sitting in front of the tube watching Corner Gas? No offense to the show, but I think not.

On the other hand, perhaps Sunnis and Shiites could be united in their hatred of Lacey, the stuck-up Torontonian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course, being sold to so many countries doesn't mean its any good - we sell all our soap operas all over the place and they're awful!

I must remember to watch Corner Gas and will provide feedback.