Tuesday, January 23, 2007

More Advice

In the Salon advice column today is a letter from a woman who can’t understand why she can’t find a man. Her letter makes her sounds incredibly stuck-up and arrogant, but perhaps she IS as perfect as she claims. Who am I to judge? There’s a slew of letters in response but this one made me laugh out loud, if only because I’ve thought the same thing on numerous occasions:

“I was watching 'The woman with half a body' on Discovery Channel. Nothing below the waist, walks on her hands. And the next scene is her being lifted into a guy's car. Her boyfriend. Woman with half a body has a boyfriend, and I don't?? I wept for days.”

I remember a similar experience at work when discussing one of our retirees who was 75 and juggling two boyfriends. “75? TWO?” I sputtered.

Miraculously, I still don’t have a drinking problem.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

read "geek love" by catherine dunn-the discovery channel ain't got nothing on her