Monday, May 12, 2008

The Word of the Day

Nogle.

Today’s word comes courtesy of The Globe & Mail, who’ve taken it from a British tabloid. It means not to look. Or more specifically not to ogle. Or not to get caught ogling. To ignore whatever is in your field of vision no matter how tempting it is.

It’s a skill; it’s an art. It requires training.

Apparently, for reasons of domestic peace, it is more important for men than for women to master this art. I must confess I’m no good at nogling. I just gotta look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should you need an example of the word used in context, here's a poem:

When Alec Baldwin enters into a room,
And my eyes and my heart go va-va-voom,
I try not to stare at his beautiful crotch,
Or rather, I nogle...I do not watch.
But if he happens to slip on a banana peel,
While I'm helping him up, I'll cop a feel.


JAW Fan