Friday, May 02, 2008

Decisions, decisions

The Kentucky Derby is run tomorrow. A sure sign of summer.

Who to pick? I know nothing about the horses so I'll have to go by the name. But there are so many!

Cool Coal Man 50/1
Tale of Ekati 25/1
Anak Nakal 66/1
Court Vision 16/1
Eight Belles 16/1
Z Fortune 12/1
Big Truck 20/1
Visionaire 16/1
Pyro 7/1
Colonel John 5/1
Z Humor 66/1
Smooth Air 25/1
Bob Black Jack 25/1
Monba 20/1
Adriano 20/1
Denis of Cork 14/1
Cowboy Cal 50/1
Recapturetheglory 33/1
Gayego 25/1
Big Brown 3/1

I have to go with Denis of Cork, because it is the most MontyPythonesque name. But a double Z exacta is tempting...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In keeping with Alitteration Month, Cowboy Cal and Big Brown are my picks...although how can I refuse Gayego???

And as they lithely lunge for the finish line, lean back with a luscious lemonade...(which today probably sets back the unsuspecting sap a steeping six smackaroos at Saratoga!)

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

Everyone seems to think it's Big Brown's race to win, but I just read that he is starting from the 20th pole position, and no horse has won from that far out since 1929. Hmmmm.

In the parlance of the blogmistress, "who to vote for, who to vote for".

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I believe the drink of choice at Churchill Downs is the Mint Julep and it's probably way more than six smackaroos.

Denis of Cork still gets my vote! Although Smooth Air has some flatulence joke hidden somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I like Eight Belles only because 'the boy' is 8...have to run with it. Shame NaPoMo is over. I would've liked to see a poem with all these names...

Ms. A.