Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday morning chip blogging

I bought the new double-whammy Doritos, the ones with two flavours in the same bag. Interesting concept. Thumbs up for the concept.

As soon as I opened the bag and looked inside, I knew what the fundamental issue would be with these. The issue that will divide the chip-eating population into two camps. The Hillary vs Obama of chip debates. The Hot stuff (good ole girl Hillary) flavoured chips are a deep red and the blue cheese (elitist Obama) flavoured ones are a perky natural corn chip colour. This makes them easy to tell apart. So the question is: How do I eat them?

Do I alternate: a hot stuff, a blue cheese, a hot stuff, a blue cheese? Do I eat all the blue cheese first since this is the flavour I prefer? Or should I eat all the hot stuff first and get them out of the way. It's a dilemma, that's fer shure.

The hot stuff ones are too hot for me. I like spicy food, as anyone who has ever watched me enjoy curry chicken while wiping the sweat off my face, will attest. But I don't much like this particular type of hotness. I'll eat 'em, of course. That goes without saying. But I wouldn't want a full bag of this flavour.

I love the blue cheese, tho. They really have a distinct authentic blue cheesiness taste going down. But not everybody likes blue cheese. In fact, I'd bet a large majority of the population dislikes blue cheese due to its strong flavour. But I like these alot.

Conclusion: I was fortunate in that the proportion of blue cheese to hot stuff chips in my particular single-serving bag was 2 to 1. So I got rid of the hot stuff quickly (i.e. munch, munch, munch) and then could enjoy the blue cheese at my leisure. I still have half the bag left. What self control.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

should you be eating either?!! I thought spicy food was banned from your regimen? That said, if you have leftovers, I'll gladly try some...
N.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I can eat anything now. No more restrictions. It's a blessing and a curse.