Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Feline Medical Update

The vet just called. Miss Fatty Hitler is doing okay. Except she has a "swollen vulva".*

Ok.

All together now: Girls: OUCH!!!!! Guys: EWWWWW!!!!

Apparently this happens to dogs sometimes, but this is the first time this vet has seen it in a cat. She's one for the medical books.

Some ointment and soft flannel on her bottom and hopefully she'll be good as new in a week. Then she can start her diet. Lucky girl.


*Again, this couldn't happen during NaPoMo, eh?

6 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

the shaved kitty has changed this blog forever more

Anonymous said...

See, you would have thought I'd accidentally stumbled in after googling "vulva" "ointment." But this time I was looking for "Hitler" and "vet."

I'm doing this book report on Hitler and someone told me he was a veteran, so I was checking it out, and instead I end up reading about cat gynecology. From now on, I'm sticking with Wikipedia.

Anonymous said...

Can I just add....I'm simply itching to see a poem about this!!!

Poor cat - no dignity left now.

Anonymous said...

by popular demand, a poem: but I'll be honest, it might be great material to work with but am not sure I can pull it off...but here goes...(oh, yes, please read with an Italian accent!!!)

There's only one a thing a worse than a blocked colon,
And that, ladies, is when a your vulva is a-swollen,
'Cause be you a human or be you a cat,
No Madame wants a vulva that's a lookin' a fat,
You canna be wearing the finest a Gucci skirt,
But underneath...mamma mia! does that thing hurt.
So keep it a well lotioned and you will a find-a,
That you won't a never have to a worry about an ugly vagina.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Great stuff. You knocked it outta the park.

I'm not even questioning the Italian accent stuff, I'm just going with it. Maybe it's because I heard some Verdi on CBC this a.m. although this is more in line with Shaddupa You Face.

cityofmushrooms said...

JAW-Fan: this is your finest hour!