Sunday, May 18, 2008

In Television News

I am a genius. I repeat. I am a genius.

Nanuk = genius.

Regular readers will know that I've been living with an absolute crap t.v. for the past few months, but paralyzing fear of modern technology has impeded my progress in buying a new set. My set gave everyone a tall giant conehead and stubby little legs. And in the past 2 weeks the bottom of the screen had become so compressed, I couldn't read subtitles anymore.

Lo and behold, couple of nights ago, I'm lying in bed (and like most geniuses all my great ideers come to me in bed or in the shower) and I suddenly remember that I have a SECOND functioning t.v. It used to belong to my parents, and when I took in most of their stuff, I brought that t.v. And it is indeed functioning.

So tonight I see that there is supposed to be a Mets-Yankees game on SportsNet and this motivates me. I cannot watch Johnny Damon distorted anymore. I must see the real him. Johnny Damon, he's worth it.

So around 7:30 I get to work. There are a lot of wires and stuff involved in plugging and unplugging, running the t.v. through the VCR, etc. etc. Long story short, it takes me over an hour to get the "new" t.v. functioning. I missed the season finale of The Simpsons. Which is annoying. And then, worse, I switch the channel over to SportsNet and do I see Johnny Damon? I do not. It's Junior hockey. Oh well. At least it is done.

And it's a still a full 3 weeks before the start of Euro 2008. I will get to watch the Azzurri in all their beautiful glory. I am well pleased.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a " VCR" ?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

A quaint 20th Century electronic apparatus. My parents owned one.

Anonymous said...

we have the last episode on PVR - we'll burn you a copy!

N. =)