Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Telethon Update

Oh, Jerry. See what I miss when I forget to watch the telethon?

Quote During the 18th hour of the telethon to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association, the 81-year-old actor, riffing in front of the camera very late in the broadcast, introduced an unseen family member with a description that sounded like either "the illiterate fatty" or "the illiterate faggot." (ABC News)

Wow. I can’t believe Jerry’s 81. Everything else in that quote, I can believe.

Quote This isn't the first time Lewis has said something controversial on-air. Asked about those who consider him "patronizing" in a 2001 CBS News interview, Lewis responded, "You don't want to be pitied for being a cripple in a wheelchair? Stay in your house."

You just know that when the cameras are off, Jerry refers to his “kids” as “cripples”. You just know it.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

jerry's not 81!
ask sammy and frank--
oh, wait...they dead

Anonymous said...

I never understood how he became a star.....

Anonymous said...

Well we all know how I feel about the hypocrite....

Because I'm mean and still need psychological help.