Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I hate it when this happens

Why does Harper occasionally have to say things I agree with?

Either we abolish the Senate, or we have an elected Senate. I agree with Steve. Ow, it hurts to say that.

The only way I can continue to support an appointed Senate is if somebody appoints me to be a Senator. (Please contact this site with any offers. thank you.)

Incidentally, watching Steve at the Aussie war memorial yesterday, it occurred to me that when he is done with politics, he can have a job in t.v. commercials. He can be in the Moore's ads, playing the guy in the ill-fitting suit.

6 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

we had a supposed "elected senate" out here in cow 'n' oil country-the fake candidates were hand-picked tory bag men-I put a big x thru my ballot and wrote: I do not support this!

I guess I'm just a "chamber of sober second thought" girl-

tho I know not many agree w/me-I gotta stand back from you and steve and his moore's suit on this one

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

What about abolishing it completely?

cityofmushrooms said...

then watch how fast stevie will try to push through anti-choice legislation, or a draft, or who knows what

I like all those old guys and gals saying "hey wait a minute, what was that bill about pay as you go hospitals...?"

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

But, but he can't do those things if he's in a perpetual minority govt.

If he ever gets a majority, however, I'm moving to.... [insert any country other than Saudi Arabia or Pakistan]

cityofmushrooms said...

me too

Anonymous said...

You can come and live here - and experience an elected Senate!!! And what a joy it is! (hopefully you can detect the sarcasm in that last comment).