Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Philosophical Point of the Day

I fell into a conversation this morning between two women who were discussing if they could go back and be 18 again, what would they do differently in their lives. Both said they would get more education.

I said nothing. There’s nothing I would fix. I’ve been thinking about it ever since. Is mid-40s the age where people start to have regrets?

I like to think that I would change nothing because I know my own abilities and limitations, and I think I’ve done okay with what I’ve got, but on the other hand, maybe seeing nothing that needs fixing means I’m some kind of self-satisfied jerk….hmmm.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

can't decide on this one tho mushrooms jr and I listened to alice cooper's "I'm 18" at 11 before school this morning (miss mushrooms had, of course, already left by then, not being a fan of mr. furnier)