Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Home Ownership Fun

I have thus far spared faithful readers of this blog the tales of my plumbing woes, i.e. the stupid clogged bathtub drain from hell.

I’ve always had problems with it, and usually I’ve been able to fix it with the help of ProFlo, the pink stuff that, if it were to touch my skin, I suspect would burn a hole right down to the bone. But ProFlo (or is it FloPro?) has let me down this time. I bought a plumbing snake, and that made things worse.

I refuse to pay over a hundred bucks to the plumber until I am completely defeated by the clog from hell.

So I bought a One Second Plumber. “As seen on T.V.” And believe it or not it works.

Yesterday was the first time in 10 days I didn’t have to do any bailing. It drained slowly, but it drained. This gadget blows gasses down the drain. Don’t ask me about the science. But it has an interesting little perfume-y smell. It’s probably causing me brain damage, but who cares.

I love the smell of One Second Plumber in the morning; it smells like victory.

No comments: