Wednesday, September 12, 2007

In Russian News

It’s stay-home-and-boink day in Central Russia.

The governor of Ulyanovsk region in Russia is offering prizes to couples who have babies in exactly nine months - on Russia's national day on 12 June. Sergei Morozov wants couples to take the day off work to have sex. If a baby is born on national day, they will receive cars, TVs or other prizes. (BBC)


When I first read this story elsewhere yesterday, they mentioned refrigerators as one of the prizes. Today no fridges. What’s up with that? What if you already have a good car and a t.v. but you need a new fridge? Does that mean you go to work today?

I can sort of relate to these babies that will be born for monetary reasons because when I was a baby, the first year of Family Allowance cheques my parents received on my behalf went to pay for a new furnace. I always felt that furnace was technically mine. Not that I knew this as a child. And, just to clarify, they didn’t have me JUST for the furnace money. At least I think not…

In other Russian news, Putin has named some utter unknown as the new Prime Minister. After months of speculating whether he would name Ivanov or Medvedev, he names someone else. Wily bastard. You know he’s working on being Prez for Life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe this guy doesn't look so good with his shirt off, thus leaving the field clear for Vlad.