Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Overheard on the Bus

An older gruff-looking man asks a young woman if this bus goes to the Bell Centre. She says yes, and his inquisition begins:

He: You’re not from here.
She: I’m from France.
He: They don’t play hockey in France.
She: No.
He: I love hockey. I'm going to the Bell Centre. Hockey in Montreal is like soccer in France.
She: Yes, I know.
He: There’s a game on tonight. Do you have cable? Of course you have cable.
She: Yes.
He: The game is on RDS.
She: Ok.
He: Are you from Paris?
She: Yes.
He: In Montreal, the area code is 514*. What’s the area code in Paris?
She: Well, from here, to France, is 033.
He: Wow. That’s really different. Do you have any brothers and sisters?
She: Yes. They live in France
He: Then why do you live here?
(I didn’t catch her answer.)

*I swear I’m not making this up.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

I miss riding the bus

Anonymous said...

I have no idea who this guy is, but I hate him already!

JAW Fan

Anonymous said...

If this is his pick up routine, he should drop it right now.