Thursday, September 20, 2007

Staring at Clive (Elizabethan style)

I saw the trailer for the latest Elizabeth I movie. Who knew this was becoming a franchise? I sure didn’t. My point is that Sir Walter Raleigh is dashingly played by Clive Owen. Which brings me to this story….

A new study finds our eyes irresistibly lock on to good-looking people (i.e. that is to say, Clive Owen) (Okay, I added that part). Participants, all heterosexual men and women, fixated on highly attractive people within the first half-second of seeing them. Single folks ogled the opposite sex. But those in committed relationships more often eyed beautiful people of the same sex. (Live Science)

Again I ask the question, who pays for such obvious studies?

Apparently the people in committed relationships who are staring at beauties of the same sex are also reaching for a baseball bat because they want that beautiful stranger to stay away from their mate. We’re all a bunch of apes when you get down to it, I believe.

No comments: