Friday, September 21, 2007

Mahmoud!

He's been off my radar for a while, but Mahmoud and his beige golf jacket are back.

Will he be speaking at Columbia University on Monday? I hope so. Sure, it's a shit-disturbing move, but so what?

So many people are shrieking that he should not be allowed to speak. Don't they get it that what separates the US from Iran is that (traditionally) in the US people are allowed to speak, even if you don't agree with them.

I hate the attitude that trumpets that free speech is only for those who agree with me. How dumb.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the part that the majority of Americans don't quite get. I guess most of them missed that class in US Government on the Constitutional protections....

Anonymous said...

Well put Nanuk - I think its important to hear what these people have to say so we can reassure ourselves how scary they are!

Anonymous said...

Anyway, could he be any worse than this????

"In a speech defending his administration's Iraq policy, Mr Bush said former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein's brutality had made it impossible to unite the country.

"I heard somebody say, 'Where's Mandela?'," he said.

"Well, Mandela's dead because Saddam Hussein killed all the Mandelas."

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

bush is such a numbskull. I don't know if I can hang on until Jan 2009. I may have to give up watching, reading, surfing the news.

cityofmushrooms said...

give up, already