Friday, April 06, 2007

On Saxondale

I have now seen 3 episodes of Saxondale. I have to confess I am woefully unfamiliar with Steve Coogan, never having seen Alan Partridge. At some point in the near future, I hope to remedy this.

As for Saxondale, the first episode was so-so, the second better and this week's was very funny. It's amazing I can say anything positive about a show that refers constantly to 70's rock bands, especially Jethro Tull.

This week Saxondale delivered a eulogy that quoted a lengthy part of Kashmir by "the great Led Zep". Painful, but funny.

I was wondering if the theme music was Jethro Tull, given that it contains some heavy 70s flute-playing, but a quick Internet search (google "Saxondale theme") revealed that it is not in fact Tull but Focus. Remember Hocus Pocus by Focus? Ah, man, those were the days. Not.

Anyway, I'm going to keep with Saxondale. Prog rock rules!

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

death to jethro t, I say

tho the husband was, just this morning, threatening to bring some home!