Sunday, April 15, 2007

Nappy-Headed Ho No Mo'

I wish I could say something even slightly knowledgeable about Don Ho, but frankly I know nothing about him. He's some kind of icon, but does anyone really know anything about him other than he was from Hawaii and sang Tiny Bubbles? I don't.

I suppose I could drink some kind of fruity refreshing cocktail in his honour. I suppose.

But in celebrity news, I'm more concerned about the break-up of Prince William and his now-not-the-future-queen. The British tabloids must be going ape over this. She seemed smart and level-headed. Which is exactly why she wouldn't want that life, I guess. Good luck finding another reasonable one, Wills.

Wills doesn't look that interesting to me. If I had to choose between Wills and Harry, I'd go for Harry every time. And not just because he likes to dress up like a Nazi.

7 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

I think one of my great aunt's was a don ho fan -- I liked the don ho shirts

and except the queen - those royals are wankers (I like her purses and hats - also her crabby but determined face as she stands in the rain watching horses or vintage cars or parading school children go by)

Anonymous said...

Don Ho? He seemed to me to be the token Hawaiian in a lot of shows - most famously,in the Brady Bunch episodes where they go to Hawaii - surely you all remember that? I think he played the ukelele.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I do not remember that hand lotion commercial, but it sounds incredibly creepy.

Susie, I'm not a Brady Bunch fan but others around here surely remember every episode...by heart.

Anonymous said...

Remember that Brady Bunch episode???...I still have nightmares...why that damned cursed little tiki almost got Greg killed and made that tarantula creep into Jan's purse.

On the plus side, that episode featured Mike Brady in a bathing suit.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

wasn't there a punk band called "something something jan brady"?

Anonymous said...

Well I blame my sister. I dropped he off at the airport for her first trip to Hawaii, and then Don Ho dies? Must be her fault....

Anonymous said...

Oh, thats definately it LLJ - where is she going next for the first time? Can we make some suggestions?

The Brady Bunch is fresh in my head because it was one of the 'marathons' they run on cable over Easter - a whole day of the Bradys......