Tuesday, April 03, 2007

On Jesus, of the Chocolate Variety

I suppose I should comment on the Chocolate Jesus sculpture controversy. My view is: it's dumb.

But it brings up an important point.

I'm one of those Westerners who's always griping about the fact that moderate Muslims or moderate Jews never seem to speak up for their religion whenever fanatics make them look bad. I'm constantly groaning about "why don't the regular non-nuts say something?".

Well, when it comes to Christians, the same holds true. Are ordinary, none-too-churchy Catholics going to stand up and say this Dobson nut and his cronies don't speak for them? Somebody should.

I'm sure Chocolate Jesus is deee-licious.

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

see tom waits song of the same name

Anonymous said...

I just hope the chocolate Jesus in question is not a crucifixion Jesus.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Yes it is. Haven't you see the pictures? He's not on a cross, but it is an arms-out-on-a-cross position.

He also has a penis. Which is really what the whole scandal is all about.

Anonymous said...

Because we all know Jesus didn't have a penis.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

what?!