Thursday, April 19, 2007

In the Sick Bay

Blech! I spent all of yesterday in the hospital with an undiagosed abdominal problem (Spicy Curry Chip syndrome?). A first! I'd never been in the hospital before. More tests are to come either tomorrow or next week...which puts my Florida vacation in jeopardy.

I feel okay today, but my stomach is jumpy.

Health is more important than fun in the sun, though. So if the test is scheduled for next week, I guess I'll cancel my trip. I spoke to my sister and she is okay with this, of course.

I was in the hospital for 15 hours, saw 8 different doctors. I never expected such thorough treatment. I only saw this many docs because I was there through 3 shift changes, so I kept getting new consults every 7 hours. I felt like a Very Important Patient.

I had a CT Scan, which means I got to whirr through the big machine. It was exciting, just like being on House. Sadly, Hugh Laurie never showed up to abuse me.

It turned out to be not so bad because there weren't any moaners, groaners or crazies at all in Emergency during the entire time. It was very peaceful, though very crowded.

And all the doctors, technicians, nurses and aides were super nice. So, if you are ever in Montreal and you get sick or injured, go to Emerg. at the Montreal General. You will be treated very nicely.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While it's unfortunate that Hugh Laurie didn't pop in to call you an idiot, it's rather fortunate that you didn't go into cardiac arrest while you were in the machine... Yes, sometimes real life is better than TV.

Hope your jumpy stomach settles down soon!

cityofmushrooms said...

whoa!
hope you are feeling better

and lay off those spicy lays...

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! You poor thing! I didn't know you were hospital-sized sick! It's not your gall bladder is it? Hope it's just the chips. You should really go to Florida. They have hospitals down there, you know, just in case. And they also have sun, the healing power of which should not be underestimated.

L.P.

Anonymous said...

Poor Nan! I didn't realize you were that sick, hope you get better soon. No more chips for you, huh?

Anonymous said...

Hoping you get well soon and your test results are all good!