Friday, April 13, 2007

Heh Heh

I love seeing a Neo-con sweat, so I am totally enjoying the story of Paul Wolfowitz on the hot seat at the World Bank for giving his girlfriend a promotion and a big raise. (Insert your own joke here.)

Wolfowitz apologized. “He made the comments to a few hundred staff members, only to be greeted by booing, catcalls and cries for his resignation.” (NY Times)


Booing the Big Boss. I love it. I also like that the World Bank has internal message boards that employees can post on anonymously. I wonder if this will give ideas to other UN Agencies?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this story funny too. Although why he ever thought he could sign off on her promotion is beyond me. He disclosed their relationship when they negotiated his contract, it must have occurred to him that this was an issue. Yet he just claims...I was new at my job!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Don't you think that like everyone else associated with the Bush administration it never occurred to him that his judgement would be questioned?

Imagine! those 10,000 World Bank employees aren't all loyal Bushies. Who knew?

Anonymous said...

They do look alike! And its not difficult to work out which part of his anatomy he was thinking with when he organised this.