Thursday, December 21, 2006

Today's Strange Encounter at Work


I went to the bathroom on my floor. The entire time I am in there, a lady from another department is at the sink scrubbing and scrubbing a tote bag. Clearly she had spilled something in it.

Me: You spilled something?
Her: What?
Me: Something broke?
Her: Oh, I had an egg in my bag and it broke.

(An egg? Clearly it was not hard-boiled or she wouldn’t be scrubbing for 5 minutes)

Me: An egg?
Her: Yes. I was in such a hurry this morning, I just put the egg into my bag. I didn’t put it in a Tupperware or even a plastic bag.
Me: I see.

!!!

Who on earth thinks they can throw an egg into a tote and expect it not to break before lunch time?


Who's hiring these people?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is just something wrong with using the expression "I went to the bathroom on my floor."

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Believe me, if I had pooped on my floor I would've plainly written "I pooped on my floor".

cityofmushrooms said...

now none of the comments will be about the egg in the bag rather they will, from necessity, centre aorund the poop which may or may not be on the floor

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

God, can we just stick with the egg here, people!

Anonymous said...

There really is no answer to 'who throws an egg into a tote and expect it not to break before lunchtime'. How can you answer that?

Is this woman in a position of responsibility at your work? Did you ever find out what she was going to do with the egg? Boil, poach, fry, scramble?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I didn't ask what the egg was for because I'm certain my facial expression would've revealed what I thought of her. It was best to leave.

She is not in a position of authority, thankfully.

Elves can be grouchy too!

cityofmushrooms said...

when I first read the above, I thought you wrote: "elvis can be grouchy too"

I never think of elvis as grouchy, tho I guess all those fried peanut butter sandwiches might get to a person after a while