Friday, December 01, 2006

Men! Finnish Men!

HELSINKI, Finland (Reuters) -- Prime Minister Matti Vanhanen, dubbed Finland's sexiest man, broke up by text message with the girlfriend he had met on the Internet, she said in a magazine interview.

"Matti dumped me in a text message, where he said 'that's it,'" Susan Kuronen told the magazine Me Naiset (Us Women) in an interview published on Friday.

So here's the question: If a man breaks up with you by text message, is it worse if he is the Prime Minister?

Second question: What on earth was the Prime Minister doing meeting women on the Internet? He's the Prime Minister! If I was to meet a man on-line (Note: This will NEVER happen) and he wrote "Incidentally I am the Prime Minister of a relatively well-known Scandinavian nation, and I know Saku Koivu personally", I would strongly suspect he was bullshitting me.

8 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

where do you get this stuff?

Anonymous said...

Any wonder he's still single if thats how he ends his relationships and yes, you have to wonder why he's using internet dating. But then, what sort of person is the woman, running to the press for her 5 minutes of fame.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Maybe these two actually deserved each other.

Anonymous said...

If I were dumped by a Prime Minister vie text message, I would want someone to know too. Then again, it would be a miracle if I actually knew how to text message.

Anonymous said...

You all know I meant "via" as opposed to "vie", right?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I thought vie was American for via.

Just kidding!

Anne, if a young woman like you doesn't know how to text message how can an old bag like me be expected to know how. I fear I have no hope of ever meeting an available Finnish Prime Minister :))

Anonymous said...

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=matti+vanhanen&btnG=Search+Images

I had to have a look at this guy and see what all the fuss is about - um, what is all the fuss about???

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Well, he's no Clooney, but perhaps by Finnish political standards, he's as good as it gets.