Saturday, December 02, 2006

Tenacious D(ion)

Academic nerds throughout the land, rejoice!

A few short days ago I said he could not win. But our boy Stephane with the knapsack on his back (and not the briefcase in his hand) has shockingly emerged the victor.

I’ve never voted Liberal, but tonight I am leaning that way. I can’t wait for the next election! Yes, I am such a nerd!

All over the Rest of Canada, people are shaking their heads and saying "I can't believe the Liberals picked another Frenchman."

And if anyone in the rest of the world is wondering, as far as I know he is not related to Celine. At least I hope not.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

will the west go for him?
I damn well hope so
I guess rae couldn't overcome ont.
and iggy freaked everybody out
but can dion take quebec??
I thought you all hated him because of the clarity act and his being seen as son of a chretien

great convention tho, eh?
love those things

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Dumb comment I heard on CBC this a.m. Sovereignists don't like Dion because of the Clarity Act, etc. Well, name one federalist that Quebec sovereignists are in love with?
The whole point is that the two sides don't like each other! Jeez.

Go Stephane.
Do we call him Steph?

cityofmushrooms said...

steph vs steve will never work-
anyway, dion (deeeee-on) is a cool sounding name