Friday, December 29, 2006

Hanging Around


Let me state for the record that I think hanging Saddam Hussein will cause more suffering and grief than joy. I'm filing it under "Bad idea".

Why don't the Saudis take him in, like they did for Idi Amin? What? Idi was good enough for them, but Saddam isn't.

How about the Russians? They can take him, poison him slowly over several months and then say he died of natural causes. Man, do I have to do these people's jobs for them? Get with the program, Vladimir.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't he just go for a meal at a sushi bar like that Russian guy did in London? Its so obvious......

Anonymous said...

The other forum is not working at the moment, but I need to get this out - I've seen the footage of the condemned man walking to the gallows, the body in the body bag - how many times are they going to show this?

Regardless of who it is, I just find the death penalty barbaric, especially hanging. Aren't we better than that?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I haven't seen the gallows dead man walking yet, but I have seen the body bag on 3 different channels and I've barely watched t.v. in the past 12 hours. I'm appalled.

So far the only authority I've heard say the death penalty is wrong even in this case is the Vatican.

They should've let him rot in jail.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Looks like the news networks are going to focus on Saddam's body bag and James Brown's funeral all day. Weird.