Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday Fun with the F Word

Since I’ve already had my swearing pointed out in an earlier comment, I’m going to go whole hog and throw all caution and decorum to the wind here.

There’s a very funny string of comments on Lance Mannion’s site about the proper emphasis in an old saying. Who knew this phrase had so many variations? The phrase is that old war horse: Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.


Fuck them if they can't take a joke.

If they can't take a joke, fuck them.

Then come the variations:

"They must be fucked if they can't take a joke."

Or "one must take a joke or be fucked"

How about a big red sign on the wall: "Failure to take a joke will result in fucking."

Or a possible pick-up line: "Hello there, tall, dark and handsome -- I can't take a joke..."

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

or

joke 'em if they can't take a fuck

cityofmushrooms said...

speaking of the f word

we went to see billy connolly a few nights ago...

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I don't know what's more shocking: that Billy Connolly was in Edmonton??? or that you guys went out???

I'd be less shocked if you told me Billy Connolly went to your house.

I love a naughty Scotsman, but then again who doesn't?

cityofmushrooms said...

he DID start off his show (as we knew he would) by commenting on how fucking cold it was

(and how much calgary (where he had been the night before) hates us)