Saturday, December 16, 2006

Diet Coke Update

I went to Jean Coutu today (i.e. the drugstore) and they had a sale on Diet Coke: 79 cents for 2 litres. So I bought a bottle. Did I hesitate? No.

I bought it thinking, I can't believe I'm buying this to spite someone. But I was. I never buy Diet Coke for home, I only drink it at work. But I would not be stopped today. I marched out of the store thinking: Ha! Yeah, I'm giving myself cancer, so there, to heck with you sister! It's my life. I can't live by your "rules".

And it was a bargain!

6 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

so where have I been? since when does an innocent can of diet coke give you cancer? it's enough to send a person back to dumaurier king size

Anonymous said...

Its seems whatever you eat or drink, its going to give you cancer of some description, so whats the diff?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Exactly.
And Ms Mushrooms, do you realize how much cigarettes cost now? They are so expensive. Well maybe not in Alberta, where they are probably tax-free but here they are expensive.
I was in Provigo on Friday and the woman ahead of me ordered a carton of "Peter Jacksons" and it was $50.00. How can anyone afford this habit?

cityofmushrooms said...

50 bucks?!
I quit when a pack of smokes hit $2.00 in those smokin-in-the-bank-lines days of my yoot

Anonymous said...

Our ciggies cost about $10 a packet, which is about $9 Canadian - I don't know how many in a carton (10? 12?)but I guess $100A would be the price here. I don't indulge in that disgusting habit.

Anonymous said...

You would love buying Cigs in south africa They only range between R10-R17, Which by the exchange rate now would be about $115.83 for a pack of 20's