Friday, January 01, 2010

I Resolve -- 2010 edition

Happy Snowy New Year's Day to all, unless it's sunny and hot where you are, and probably already January 2 by now. In that case, I am a day late, but the sentiment remains the same.

I have compiled my very serious list of Resolutions for this brand new year.

1. Stop adopting other people's cats.
2. Buy new glasses.
(I did this yesterday. Hurray for me. I can cross it off the list. 2010 is already a roaring success.)
3. Go on dates. (Again success. I have a movie date scheduled for tomorrow. But will I be pre-emptively dumped once again? Who knows?)
4. Convince my boss to retire so I can apply for and get her job. (This will NEVER happen but a girl can dream.)
5. Stop procrastinating. (About what? About everthing!)*
6. Become Machiavellian at work. (See 4. above.)

and now the usual suspects:
7. Lose 15 pounds.
8. Declutter the house.
9. Bring a lunch once a week.

and finally I am reviving this one which first appeared in 2007. I need it.
10. Be more mirthful.

*No. 5 is a direct result of the satisfaction gained from having accomplished No. 2. I originally got my prescription for my new lenses in December 2008. When I went back to the eye doctor in December 2009, I had to confess that I never got around to filling the script. The eye doctor shook his head, and I swore to him than when he saw me next December, I would be wearing my new glasses. I even vowed to buy them by the end of the month. Which I managed to accomplish on December 31. And, yeah, it felt good to finally get something done. So that is why No. 5 is on the list.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

how could you possibly be more mirthful?
happy 2010

susieq said...

No 1 - from what I know of you Nanuk, your're wasting your time there!
I must admit I've been on a declutter the house program this year - a room at a time- after helping my Dad move in January and seeing all the useless stuff he had (he and the stepmother downsized too....) I resolved that when it came time for me to move into a retirement village, I would be a mean lean operation!!!
Re No 9 - I'm hopeless at that too.....