Thursday, January 07, 2010

Wide Awake

Had dinner with a couple of the girls last night. To finish the meal, two of us ordered decafs since we cannot sleep if we have regular. We drank our coffees.

At 1:00 a.m., I started to suspect those weren't decafs.

At 3:05 a.m., I was pretty well sure those weren't decafs.

When the alarm went off, I was in a daze. I came to work. My colleague comes into my office and says "I didn't sleep AT ALL last night. I'm exhausted. I'm sure those weren't decafs."

I had already had insomnia Sunday and Monday. So I've slept one night out of four this week.

I'm taking tomorrow off work. I have a "date" with a Large Bosnian tomorrow night. I need all of Friday to sleep, lest I look even worse than I feel, and I feel pretty darn bad.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

deadly late-nite caffeine disguised as de-caf strikes again

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I think the season has a lot to do with my insomnia. I remember blogging about it last winter when I had bought sleeping pills for the first time. I just checked the date of that blog post. It was January 11.
Winter should be for sleeping. I shoulda been a bear.

cityofmushrooms said...

sleeping or going to cuba